28 Week Appt Update

I had my 28 week appt last Thursday and thought I would give a little update.  All went well and I'm officially in the 3rd trimester now. Yay!  But I did manage to gain 4lbs in one month.  Boo!  (I'll blame that on the Easter candy.)  I wasn't happy about it at first, but it brings my total weight gain to 13lbs...which I think is pretty good so far.  I also had the gestational diabetes test done.  I honestly don't understand why people complain so badly about this test - the drink is really not that bad....but maybe that's because I like orange soda....who knows.  I should get the results back this week and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get good news.  My Dr. said that I could start bi-weekly appointments now but she really didn't see a need for it...so I'm not scheduled for another appt until 32wks...which is fine by me!      

Kate  – (May 4, 2010 at 3:17 PM)  

I think there is something officially wrong with you. As soon as I drink the hateful orange sh!t I instantly start to gag/burp/gag/burp and do that for the ENTIRE hour. TG I passed both times on the first try. I'm not sure I would've survived the 3 hour!

ps...if this is your last kid you'd better gobble something good down, and fast. No time like the present to eat whatever you want :)

OliviaMom  – (May 4, 2010 at 5:42 PM)  

I probably gained 13 lbs in the first trimester alone....eat a Snickers please!!!
and yes, I agree with Kate, that orange sh!t is nasty and also prompted my gag reflex. AND I had to take the 3 hour and it SUCKED hardcore.
it is surreal to me that I was officially on hospital bed rest at 32 weeks which is your next appointment (not trying to scare you). Baby boy Kiefer - listen to your aunt - you stay in there until July 22!

Post a Comment

Followers

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP