Swimming Lessons

We've been to the pool a handful of times this spring but Mia has always just played on the steps or used her boogie board to get moving.  Well, this weekend Rick and I actually got in the pool with her to see if she miraculously remembered how to swim.  HA, HA, HA.  She had pretty much forgetten everything.  She was petrified to let go of us and would do a funky version of a doggy paddle when she finally did.  Not good.  Oh, and did I mention that we decided to have a pool party for her 4th birthday next month?  Soooooooo, we called up the place where she did her swimming lessons last year and put her in a refresher class for two weeks.  She started yesterday afternoon and pretty much hated every second of it.  I know that will soon change and hopefully she'll be confident to swim by herself in no time...and then Rick & I will feel much better about having her 4th birthday party at the pool.  I didn't take any pictures because like I mentioned before, she hated every second of it.  Although, it probably would make for some pretty funny pictures because you kinda can't help but laugh when she has this deathly look of fear on her face.  Obviously, it's only funny because we know she's not in harms way.  And for those of you who think I'm being mean about laughing at my own child...you know you would laugh too!!!  :p

Kate  – (April 28, 2010 at 7:47 AM)  

I'll giggle with you. We got one of these for Nattie and figure she'll learn to truly swim at some point this summer. http://www.amazon.com/AQUAJOGGER-Aqua-Jogger-Junior/dp/B0000AR44V/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1272455234&sr=8-1

Post a Comment

Followers

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP