I'm a Godmother!

My niece, Olivia Madeline, was baptized this past Saturday and I have the honor of being her Godmother. The entire day was just perfect. Olivia wore a Christening gown that my mother intricately sewed by hand. She was dedicated to sewing this gown for several weeks, but I assure you that all of her hard work paid off in the end. It was absolutely stunning and no store-bought gown could have come close to its beauty or meaning behind it. It was sewed with love and will most definitely become an heirloom piece in our family. Olivia was a trooper the entire day - we hardly heard a peep out of her during the ceremony and she didn’t even cry when the Deacon poured the holy water over her head. After the ceremony, Maria & Bryan hosted a celebratory lunch at their home which was absolutely delicious. The weather was gorgeous and we all sat outside in their covered lanai to eat, drink and mingle. Olivia slept through most of her party but I know everyone else thoroughly enjoyed themselves. I’m still in the process of getting some better pictures from my sister, Rachael, but in the meantime here are a couple that Rick was able to snap…

A little startled but no crying!




































A sneak peek at the gorgeous Christening gown that my mum sewed...























The adorable Olivia Madeline...

OliviaMom  – (April 12, 2010 at 11:10 AM)  

You made me cry. I could not have said it any better. thank you for being her Godmother and for all your love and support this past weekend and ALWAYS! We love you all very much.

Kate  – (April 12, 2010 at 3:34 PM)  

both the baby and dress are gorgeous. Congrats on the honor of being a godmother. :)

Post a Comment

Followers

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP