*Sigh*

I think I’ve been pretty good about not complaining too much during this pregnancy. I know it will most likely be my last and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed having this miracle of life growing inside of me. I’ve loved watching my belly grow, showing off my baby bump and feeling my little guy kick and nudge me from the inside. However…I’m ready to meet him and have him on the outside now. Extremely ready. Basically, I’ve gotten to the horribly uncomfortable stage of pregnancy. I now get sympathy looks from complete strangers on a daily basis and I’m told how sorry everyone feels for me that I’m still pregnant…especially in this heat. So if you don’t mind, I think it’s time for a bitch session…


  • My stomach is smooshed to the size of a pea – I can now get ridiculously full from eating a grape.
  • I literally get a Braxton Hicks contraction every time I get up from a sitting down position or every time I switch from side to side in a lying position. And these Braxton Hicks hurt!
  • I don’t know how else to explain it but I feel like my belly is bruised from the inside. I’m pretty sure that this is from the said Braxton Hicks contractions.
  • My tummy is stretched beyond its means – so much so that I wouldn’t be surprised if my skin burst at the seams at any moment.
  • My balance is so off kilter than I run into everything...and I do mean everything.  Trying to get out of my bedroom just this morning, I hit the edge of the open cabinet door, the wood bed frame and the door frame, one right after the other.
  • My hips ache – I wake up to throbbing pain almost every morning. But I’m guessing this is a good thing since they’re prepping for labor…or at least that’s what I keep telling myself.
  • I’m the clumsiest person on earth and cannot hold anything in my hands for the life of me. Because of this, I’ve become quite talented with my toes and can pick almost anything up with them now! ; )
  • Sleeping - I know it’s only going to get worse once he’s here but I’m still going to bitch about it. I now get up to pee at hourly intervals. And getting up out of a bed is almost next to impossible these days. It also irks me that people keep telling me that this only prepares you for the upcoming sleepless nights. Um…I’m sorry but that just doesn’t make sense. Anyone that’s had a baby before knows that NOTHING prepares you for the sleepless nights. Wouldn’t it be so much better if you were actually well rested before you went into labor, had to push a human being out of you and then be forced to function on little to no sleep? I certainly think so!!!!
I'm sure I could go on and on but I think I’ll stop here. Again, I’ve loved being pregnant - but I really am ridiculously uncomfortable right now. Hopefully it’s not too much longer...

Kate  – (July 19, 2010 at 8:46 AM)  

((HUGS)) try to hang in there and bitch as much and as frequently as you like. Only a few more days...unless he's already here or your huffing and puffing in L&D.

Ps. I'm totally stalking you so frequent updates would be awesome :)

A Mother...Again  – (July 19, 2010 at 1:53 PM)  

BIG HUGS to you girl! I agree with EVERY SINGLE POINT that you made, and if you want to make a longer list, I'm your girl!

I keep running into the wall as I go down the stairs for my off-balance thing. Talk about scary - not only can I NOT walk in a straight line, but I can't do it going DOWN the STAIRS. Where I could trip and fall and go into labor...maybe not a bad idea, huh?

I also moved some furniture around this morning hoping to get these Braxton Hicks to transition to REAL contractions...so far, it hasn't worked...

Another *sigh*

Post a Comment

Followers

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP