40 Week Appt. Update

Yep. I’m still here and still pregnant. I had my 40 week appt. a day early today. Here’s a list of things that I’m happy to report about: my BP is good, my weight is stable, baby’s heartbeat sounded great, I’m 3cm dilated & 50% effaced.  Here’s what I’m not happy to report about: baby is still having a grand old time in utero and won’t engage. ARGH!

So what now?  The Doctor's won’t let me go 10 days past my due date so I have no choice but to set up an induction date tomorrow.  I cringe at the thought and can’t believe that it's gotten to this point...but I understand that they’re just following protocol.  Now, with that being said...please, please, PLEASE send some labor vibes my way. I really don’t want to be induced and would much rather go into labor on my own. The Dr. (and my mum) suggested I go walk the mall after my appt. so that’s exactly what I did...for two hours straight. Sure, I got strange looks and stares from just about everybody but I couldn’t care less. I’m on a mission. I will write a formal eviction notice if I have to.  I also plan to start trying all the other old wives tales to induce labor tomorrow…well, except for maybe castor oil.  I'll be sure to keep you all posted!

A Mother...Again  – (July 22, 2010 at 9:28 AM)  

Here come some LABOR VIBES!!!! At least you're making progress...that's GREAT news! They told me to walk the mall last week too - so funny.

And yes, Castor Oil DOES work...my sister did that with her first...but I wouldn't recommend it!

Post a Comment

Followers

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP