My hormones are getting the best of me

Mia and I were in the nursery over the weekend when she found this adorable Soothe & Glow Seahorse that my sister, Maria had bought for my baby shower.  She's been so good about seeing gifts for the baby and wanted me to take the Seahorse out of the packaging so she could put it in the crib.  It got me thinking and I started to tell her that we could go shopping to pick something out for her to bring to the hospital when she comes to visit her baby brother for the first time.  Well, I lost it and started bawling uncontrollably.  Mia of course wanted to know what was wrong and I'm a blubbering hormonal mess trying to explain to her that they're "happy" tears (like a 4 year old would understand what that means).  But truth be told, the tears weren't exactly "happy" tears...they were more like "guilty" tears.  I know Mia is going to be an amazing big sister and I can't wait to see her blossom into that role...but at the same time I can't help but feel so guilty about how things are going to change so drastically for her...how they're going to change so drastically for us.  All of these thoughts have been weighing very heavily on my heart recently and I turn into a crying, blubbering mess.  Thanks hormones...thanks a bunch.     

A Mother...Again  – (June 29, 2010 at 9:43 AM)  

Right there with you honey...I had a great big crying jag the other night and no one was able to console me or figure out what was wrong. That includes me. At least you knew why you were crying!

You're right, after the heat of the moment passes, you know that Mia's going to be the best big sister ever, so there's no need to fear. But you still worry. I think that's totally normal.

Keep your chin up - we're almost there!!!

And have you warned anyone that the hormones get worse AFTER birth? I haven't...:)

Kate  – (June 29, 2010 at 10:27 AM)  

http://websterupdate.blogspot.com/2009/04/ripping-every-last-hair-out-of-my-head.html

http://websterupdate.blogspot.com/2009/04/hormones-much.html

Just in case you were thinking what you were feeling wasn't totally normal :)

((HUGS))

Post a Comment

Followers

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP