IT'S A BOY!!!

So most of you already know this but I still wanted to post about the day we found out we were having a baby boy. It came as a HUGE surprise as we both were convinced we were having another girl. In fact, even Mia thought she was getting a little sister out of the deal and announced it to her teachers and friends at school a while ago.

Our appointment was at 11:00 am on Monday. I had gone to the bathroom for the 10th time that morning while the ultrasound tech asked Rick if we wanted to find out the sex. He told her yes and that we were pretty confident we were having another girl since this pregnancy has been a carbon copy of my pregnancy with Mia. She was so sweet and said she would get to determining the gender right away and not keep us in suspense any longer. She started the ultrasound and although I had no clue what I was looking at, it seemed the tech knew right away. She pointed to something on the screen and asked us if we knew what it was. I didn't see the three distinct "girl" lines but was still convinced that I was looking at girl parts. Then she announced that it was in fact a penis. I didn't believe her! Seriously, I didn't believe her...and she knew it. It wasn't the greatest view since he was lying on his side so she was determined to get a better shot. Finally he gave us the "spread eagle" view - and that's when I saw it...and "it" was definitely a boy part. OMG - it was true...I was having a baby boy!!! I cried and saw Rick's eye's well up with tears. It was such an amazing feeling. We've been blessed with a beautiful daughter and will now welcome a son. So in the end I was wrong and couldn't be more happier about it!



Post a Comment

Followers

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP