I met my goal!

When Ricky was born back in July, I wrote about how happy I was that breastfeeding was going so well and that I hoped to reach a goal of 6 months. Well friends, today I’m proud to say that that goal has been met!! In fact, it’s been 6 months, 2 weeks and 6 days since I’ve been nursing Ricky and we’re still going strong. And to be honest, I don’t have any immediate plans to stop. I absolutely love nursing my sweet boy.  I mean, I knew I would enjoy it…but I didn’t think I would enjoy it this much. It’s such an amazing bonding experience that grows stronger and deeper as Ricky gets older. Nothing melts my heart more than when he looks up into my eyes with a soft smile after taking a little break. Honestly, it’s like pure heaven. It’s everything I hoped it would be…plus more.

I would love to set another goal of 3 more months but I’m fearful of when he gets teeth. There has been occasions when he’s clamped down with his gums and it hurt.  Hurt like, I jumped and screamed and in turn made him jump and scream. So I couldn’t imagine if he did that with teeth. But I guess we’ll have to wait and see. Either way, I really am so thankful that all my hopes about breastfeeding have become a reality for me...so really, anything after my 6 month goal is just gravy.  : )

Post a Comment

Followers

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP